Self-catering Holiday Cottage Near Ullswater
This former Cumbrian farmhouse enjoys a spectacular remote location, high up on Bampton Common among the Lake Districts eastern fells and close to Ullswater and Haweswater.
Carhullan is a lovely self-catering holiday cottage near Penrith and Ullswater. It was completely modernised in 2008 by the owners, who retained the character of the property and complemented it with furnishings and equipment of the highest quality.
With four bedrooms, one of which is a Superking with additional bunk beds, and four bathrooms the property is ideal for family gatherings or friends looking for a great place to stay with plenty of walks nearby.
The location of Carhullan, two miles from the village of Bampton and eight miles from Penrith is a perfect peaceful retreat, yet only 15 minutes from the M6. It is accessed along a ‘no through road’ where it is situated at the very end, approximately two miles. There are walks from the doorstep, over High Street to Ullswater and across Bampton Common to Haweswater.
- Bampton Tea Room, Bampton Cafe/bar – 1.5 miles
- Bampton Village Store, Bampton Supermarket – 1.5 miles
- Crown & Mitre Inn Restaurant – 3 miles
- Punch Bowl, Askam Restaurant – 4 miles
- Lowther Castle & Gardens + kids adventure park – 4 miles
- Rheged Activity Centre & IMAX – 7 miles
- Pooley Bridge, Ullswater – 8 miles
- Windermere – 14.3 miles
- Derwentwater – 14.4 miles